Saturday, February 21, 2009

Busy Schedule in Hyderabad

Flew in from Mumbai yesterday evening, was in the Mumbai Airport reading a book titled "Jesus" by Deepak Chopra. Didn't do much last night as I checked by dinner time, had some RC whisky at the Cocktail hour at the Hotel F.O.C.

Woke up pretty early as my body was still following Malaysian time and after that it was a busy schedule with the Auditor and then the Lawyer. Bought some more books at Walden first thing in the morning. Picked the following books:

1. The Associate by John Grisham

2. Outliers by Malcom Gladwell

3. What Got You here Won't Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith

4. It's not how Good you are, It's how Good you want to be by Paul Arden

5. The Rules of Management by Richard Templar

Looks like I have a lot to read when I get back. And guess what I had for lunch, the famous Hyderabati Dum Briyani and for breakfast I had super soft idly with chutney. It's been awhile since I had all these goodies.

Well tomorrow is going to be equally hectic as I have lined up a few meetings and I got a little bit of shopping to do. And on Sunday midnight I will be flying back to Kuala Lumpur. Yeah before I forget my office guys had screwed up with my phone bill and they just paid it today, but it's to late as my calls are barred, only incoming and it's getting a bit difficult moving around now without that wonderful creation called "mobile" phone...which has immobilized me here....

3 comments:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Wow, books, work and travel! You sure pack in a lot in 24 hours.

Sukku said...

Well I am leaving tonight for KL and I felt that I haven't done enough, yesterday I bought sarees to be given as gift,the Indian sweets and this morning I am having a tough time packing my luggage. I have to open a box that I had filled up my previous stuff namely more books, DVD and office stuff. Anyway since I am flying back with my Vice Chairman, I am not worried as we both can have an allowance of 60 + kg. He is travelling light. Looks like I have put on some weight due to the rich Hyderabadi food and I guess my next trip to Hyd would be just around the corner...

Maybe I might have to fly to Delhi too.

BTW all the best for India on the Oscars...

Anonymous said...

great blog...