Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Post

Guess by now I would have collected one of those and it's like getting closer to "home" that is if you get my drift. Woke up pretty early in the morning and my son from Moscow wished me "Happy Birthday" on MSN chat and it was about 1.30 a.m. there (God knows what he is doing up so late).

My wife just wished me ......

It's a sad day for me as I know I am getting older and nearer too....(should I say grave....)

Here are some quotes that I spotted on the net and would like to share them with you, to at least cheer me up.....

Emily Dickinson
We turn not older with years but newer every day.

Bill Clinton
When our memories outweigh our dreams, we have grown old.

Cherokee Expression
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Paul H. Duhn
You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt, as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear, as young as your hope, as old as your despair.

Marcus Aurelius
You will give yourself peace of mind if you perform every act of your life as if it were your last.

11 comments:

Renu said...

good quotes and wish u many happy returns of the day !

Ugich Konitari said...

many happy returns of the day......

Sukku said...

Renu@Thank you

Sukku said...

ugich konitari@Thank you

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sukku! Wishing you a happy and fun-filled year ahead...and don't worry about getting old...be young at heart :)

Reflections said...

Wishing U a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

p.s - lovely quotes:-)

Sukku said...

scribbler@you make my day...thank you...and a good piece of news I got this evening....I was appointed as a Director for our subsidiary company...(without the pay hike...anyway)

Sukku said...

Reflection@Thank you so much...

Aleta said...

Happy Birthday, Sukku! I hope you have a joyful day and many more. But Oh - that comment - closer to the grave? No no, don't think that way. It's another trip around the sun and more to come!

Sukku said...

Aleta@lol....Thanks...and I am waiting for the next trip to the sun...

Anonymous said...

congrats for the promotion....i am sure pay hike will soon follow :) all the best