Saturday, June 14, 2008

Steamed Omelette


Steamed omelette, what in the heavens is that? Well that is how I like to make my omelette. The recipe is very simple. Let me give it to you.

Ingredients

1. Cut a medium size onion into tiny pieces
2. Cut a green chilli into tiny pieces
3. 1/2 tsp salt
4. 1 or 2 eggs beaten in a small bowl with a folk or egg beater until it is fluffy (then add item 1, 2 & 3)
5. Oil (2 tsp)
6. Black pepper powder
7. Red chilli powder (optional)


Cooking process

In a non-stick frying pan, add oil and let it get heated up, then on a slow flame, add the beaten egg (with onions and chilli)and cover it up with a lid as shown in the picture above (after a few minutes, you can open the lid and sprinkle some black pepper powder and chilli powder). Let it cook over the slow flame and when it starts to brown lightly, flip the omelette over and close the lid. After a few minutes remove the omelette from the pan. The picture below shows the omelette made with one egg.


Bon Appétit.

©sukku2008

2 comments:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

I've tried this one in a microwave, and that tastes good, too.

by the way, i think that the sour berry which you tasted in the fish curry in Mumbai is called KOKUM. i love it and even have it raw with a little salt.

that elephant yam plant, is it colocassia?

you must be doing a lot of travelling, going by your posts. am enjoying catching up with them. bon voyage and happy posting.

Sukku said...

Thanks for the tip on cooking the omelette on microwave, how long did you put the timer for?

Thanks again for the info on Kokum, I love that fish curry and it is still in my memory so does Bombay Duck.

I will check colocassia on the net but isn't there a local name for it.

Well if everything goes according to plan, then I would be in South Africa for my a week every month as my company had secured some projects there, then I can post photos taken there and write about my experience there.

Thank you so much for visiting my blogs and I am always glad to see your footprint.

Have a Good Sunday.