Another of my simple and frugal recipe if you want something light but at the same time filling. I guess anyone can cook it and all it needs is a little patience.
The ingredients for this nasi goreng which means fried rice is as follows:
1. 200 grammes chicken breast piece or more
2. Light soya sauce 3 tsp
3. Chilly powder 1/2 tsp
4. Garlic 3 pods cut into tiny pieces
5. Large onion cut into wedges
6. Green chilli cut into thin slices
7. Spring onions cut finely for garnishing
8. Capsicum cut into thin slices
9. Dark Soya Sauce (optional)
10. Salt to taste
11. Cooked cooled rice of your choice but I prefer Basmati or left over rice ( a plate full of rice )
12. Cooking Oil 2 tbs
13. Shredded cabbage (1 cup)
1. Marinate the thinly cut slices of the chicken breast in light soya sauce of 2 tsp
Set it aside for 15 minutes
In a wok, add cooking oil and when the oil is hot, place in the garlic and stir fry for a few minutes until the garlic becomes slightly brown. Then add in the marinated chicken and stir fry for 10 minutes. Then add the chilly powder and stir fry for awhile. Push the stuff inside the wok to a side and add a few drops of oil and then break in the egg. Let the egg get cooked and then add the shredded cabbage, wedged onions and stir fry for a few minutes. Then add in the rice, salt to taste and add dark soya 1 tbs and mix the fried rice throughly on high flame and after that on low flame.
Serve the fried rice on a plate and garnish with slices of cucumber, tomato, lettuce and spring onions. You can have the fried rice with pickled green chillies which can be marinated with light soya sauce for 15 minutes prior to making the fried rice.
See I told you, this is a simple recipe and if you really want it hot and spicy, then instead of chilly powder, use chilly paste or sambal. And to give that tangy taste, you can squeeze 1/4 a lime on it.