Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Sunday writing

Sorry I couldn't write as often as I wished I could, like the good old days when I was in Hyderabad India. Being home is fine but time is a rare commodity and what with the way the work is going on in my site/office and thanks to my nerdy boss who keeps loading me with work without realizing that the company is so lean that at days we have to make our own coffee in the office. and clean up after that.

I was in the supermarket this morning and I was standing at the 10 or less items queue but what I saw was a lady with a trolley full of stuff. I asked the counter girl, what happens if someone has more then 10 items, she told me that she would ask them to go to a regular counter. I reminded her that she didn't do that and made us wait. So much so for rules.

Just finished reading the book "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It was a good book and there are some good points that we can pick up from the book. It's like when you know that you only have a couple of months left to live, what would you really do? Have you ever given any thought about it? We live like we are going to live forever and only others die but not us. Do you have that feeling? Now since you don't know when you would die, how long do you wish to live?

I have started snacking on peanuts lately and I have to put a stop to it. It has become an addiction that I have to have fried peanuts after dinner and if there aren't any packet around I would then take a drive to the supermarket to get some. Now I guess that is going over the limit right. Besides peanuts is making me put on weight and at my age it is no good.

Hoping to hear from you guys, now since I had started to write ...

5 comments:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Peanuts I can resist but almonds are my vice...as are salted cashews...you are right, they are not good post-thirty....

Anonymous said...

Aren´t you going to be back to Myopera ? Your blog is just fantastic. Greenwitch3.

Sukku said...

Sucharita@ I can't disagree with you...salted cashew nuts and the masala variety I get in India is just divine....but as u said...it's not good...but what the heck...we live only once....

Sukku said...

Anonymous@hope to be on myopera soon...

Reflections said...

I saw the last lecture on Utube...quite unsettling in the sense tht the conscious sort of wakes up telling us there is no time at all to be wasted.

LOL abt the peanuts.....mine is peanut butter....i use it for everything...for brkfast, snacks, baking[almost 80% for baking];-(