Wednesday, May 21, 2008

After the storm

It had been a hectic weekend for me, power cut the whole night on Saturday until Sunday morning, and busy with company officials from Sunday midnight until last night. And the fate of my stay in India was decided on Monday exactly at 4.00 p.m. and as they say all good things must come to an end, my stay here in Hyderabad has indeed come to an end. It's been almost six long years working in this country and I am looking forward in getting back home for my new posting. I am leaving next week for home on a vacation for 10 days and would be back here in Hyderabad by the 1st week of June for my final few weeks.

There are a lot of things that I have to do, to relocate myself, lots of things to dispose, documents to be kept for further reference and there are so many questions already in my head. I know this morning I woke up with a purpose, knowing my next course of action, not like how I woke up on Monday morning, it's the same morning but with a different attitude. It's how a decision can change our perspective.

I can reflect on my journey which I had spent in Hyderabad and in many ways than one, it has enriched me I guess spiritually. Because I went through trying times here and being in solitude I guess it makes one a stronger individual. Because I have seen the worst time in my life and I can always use that as my benchmark as I know nothing can get even near it except death.

As they say, we have to move on and pick up the pieces from you had left. My storm had just passed me and I have to embrace myself for many more storms along my way in my next journey or phase of life.

No comments: