Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bad weather and traffic jams

Got stuck on the aircraft for 20 minutes as there weren't any docking bay for the aircraft at the Hyderabad International Airport. My suitcase was marked X with a chalk as I had left my digital camera in it and not in my laptop bag. I had to explain to the customs that I only have a digital camera and nothing else and furthermore it was not a new camera. He asked me the cost of the camera and I had to lie to him by saying Rs 3,000 as the actual cost is Rs 13,000. Well I got away with that without opening my suitcase, anyway I brought the camera along as I wanted to take some snap shots for the blog.

Well, I travelled with my HR manager, a lady and we both took a cab and when we walked out of the airport, we nearly got ourself drenched. It was raining outside and what the girl at the car rental booth informed us was that it was raining in Hyderabad for a week.

The roads looked bad, like mini swimming pool everywhere and it took us more than an hour to get to Hotel Taj Deccan. After leaving my HR manager, I went to my bachelors pad in Sainikpuri another hour or so. I reached home at 3.20 a.m. and after that I went to bed by 4.00 a.m., thought I would wake up late as we have lined up some candidates for interview at 2.00 p.m., but I got up at 8.00 a.m. instead, had my breakfast of bread and a half boiled egg with coffee. I brought the bread from home and my neighbour stocked the butter for me in the fridge.

Now I am waiting for my ex-driver, Thank God, he is still jobless after I terminated him last month on the 8th and paid him a good full month's salary. Little mercies in this gloomy weather as Shree mentioned it.

Hopefully my ride to the city would be ok as I know the jam is created by stalled cars due to the water ponding all over the road. And these drivers are like crazy to drive in to the water with their tiny Maruti and Tata Indica, even I had seen some auto's stuck.

I guess it's gonna be one helluva of week for me as I plan to fly back home on the 15th of August.

No comments: