Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tank you!

Lovely tank right? Well I stay near the Indian Army base at Sainikpuri in Secunderabad cantonment and I always wanted to pose next to the tank. But since it is an Army base I really don't feel like doing it as I don't want to be shot in the process. So what I did was the next best thing, I took the snap shot from my car. I guess the tank must be a stripped down version of the real thing otherwise God only knows what would happen, if someone decides to take the tank for a joy ride(just a thought). I hope you like the picture and don't worry I am not in a war zone. There are actually a couple of tanks and each time I pass this area, I can feel the discipline that surrounds this location and how things are kept spick and span.

2 comments:

Lakshmi said...

ive always enjoyed walking near army bases, but now I started avoiding it ..recently in Bangalore, a stray bullet unfortunately hit a passer by injuring her
lakshmi

Sukku said...

Guess I should heed your advice and stay away from the base. Anyway I won't be long here in India as I would be heading for home by the end of this month.

Thanks for sharing.