Saturday, May 10, 2008

Moods and music

What sort of music do you listen to? Does mood affects your listening choice? Well let me tell you about my preference as I find that my choice of music changes with seasons and also with moods. Right now I am into heavy Rock like Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant (solo albums). I also like Pink Floyd and my favourite album of theirs is Division Bell. Even Scorpions are pretty good with their kind of Rock. Bad Company is also a pretty sleek Rock group with pretty good vocals and not forgetting Deep Purple with their Highway Star, Smoke on the water and Soldier of Fortune.
Depending on my moods like I had said, Gypsy King with their Spanish style which is always nice to listen and it perks you up. When I am in a melancholic mood, I like Enya and also Enigma as there is some kind of magic in their music. Lobo and Neil Diamond is good for easy listening along with Lionel Ritchie.

I feel that the loss of Freddy Mercury of Queen is definitely a tragic loss to the music industry, Queen without him is not the same and as he has a very powerful vocal chord and it is always a pleasure to listen to him. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my all time favourite and I guess you don’t find songs like that anymore as the magic died with him. And here is my top ten favourite (randomly numbered) at the moment based on my current moods:


1.I’m in a mood for melody – Robert Plant
2.Twenty nine palms – Robert Plant
3.Ballroom blitz – Sweet
4.Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac
5.Last train to London – ELO
6.The Immigrant Song – Led Zeppelin
7.Kashmir – Jimmy Page and Robert Plant
8.Snow (Hey Oh) – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
9.Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
10.Coming back to life – Pink Floyd


I am sure, you too would have a list of your all time favourite and I narrowed my list to 10 (my list is about 200) even though I keep changing my list depending on my moods and to me I feel music is the window to our soul even if it is heavy rock/metal as music is a universal language and it binds us together, irrespective of our colour, creed, religion and region.

Let me know what your Top Ten favourite is so that I can broaden my repertoire of music. Mind you, it's never easy to narrow down your choice to only 10.

©sukku

No comments: